9/26/09

Dem Bonez

What it is, blog crew...

Hoping all are well.

If you haven't seen Bonez's (djbonezblog) blog post about us working together yet, well, this may be some pleasantly surprising news. I have known Bonez for years now. I mean years. It's funny that even though we've moved in close circles, we're just getting to work together.

I've always respected the man as a DJ. I guess cos he comes from the same school / era as myself. He's got the funky & simple (and I don't mean 'easy', when I say that) cuts which I dig. Similar stylings to Danielsan. So you know we had to click when it came to working on a tune.

Bonez gave me a ring one day, said he had an idea, and I was like, "hell yeah... about time you asked me to do something with you!". Haha. So he sent me the beat, I laid down some demos, he dug it and, as you can see from the photo, I came through Bonez's studio and we got busy. Great bloke to work with, too. And yeah, I'm fortunate to work with the top dudes in this country.

So... what does it sound like? Ahhh... you'll have to wait for Bonez's album to be released for you to check it out. I jokingly said I was going to leak it on the net. He wasn't having it. Haha...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hau,

    My name's Tim Armitage and I'm a journalism student at the University of Sydney. I'm writing a feature story in response to the supposed decline of hip hop and I would like to write a profile piece on the rise of Hip Hop in Australia, particularly in relation to acts headlining major Australian festivals. The article is for the University newspaper, Honi Soit. I was wondering if it was at all possible to arrange an interview for my article?

    If you're available, I can conduct the interview either in person or by phone.

    Thanks

    Tim

    tim.armitage17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete